Voluptuous Chronicles and fellow South African fashion blog SA Fatshionitsa will be taking part in a fashion face off for the month of June.
The months of winter in South Africa stretch from June - August and because of the low temperatures dressing up for winter can be a bit of a challenge. There are a lot of cute winter clothes one could wear but because of the need to cover up, you find that most people live in their winter coats or track suits and the creativity behind putting together an outfit fades.
So, the idea behind the fashion challenge/collaboration is to find a way to make dressing up for the winter month of June fun, retaining the need to cover up and be warm, while also keeping outfits trendy and fun.
The rules of the challenge are as follows;
1. One fashion piece is chosen for each week.
2. The chosen fashion piece will be the focus of the outfit that is to be showcased that week.
3. It is the task of the blogger to dress that fashion piece up/down as she pleases.
4. The idea is to shop from your closet.
5. The outfit created around this fashion piece will be uploaded on the blog every Friday.
The fashion pieces for the 4 weeks of June are as follows:
1. Week 4th - 8th June
- Denim/Jeans/Denim shirt/ Denim jacket
2. Week 11th - 15th June
- Winter colour blocking/ splash of colour.
3. Week 18th - 22nd June
- LBD in winter.
4. Week 25th - 29th June
- Arm candy, jewellery/ accessories in winter.
Be sure to check both blogs throughout the month of June, leave comments and tell us what you think. Hope you will enjoy this journey with us.
Thanks for reading!