Friday 26 August 2011

Before the sun comes out

Hello guys! I wanted to show you guys a typical winter outfit of the day for me. Winter is on its way out, and I've hardly posted anything. I thought I should show you guys what I normally wear to work before the beautiful summer sun comes out and I start frolicking  about in my short shorts.

Like I said in an earlier post, I hate winter! And I never feel like any of my outfits are "post-worthy". It's not like I'm running around in my sweat pants all winter, its just that I normally have so much on! I layer all of my clothes to a point where I'm just uncomfortable and on days when I am dressed really well,  time just seems to fly, by the time I want to take some outfit pictures the day is over, and I'm beat! I love summer though, the days are longer, I love dressing up in summer,  wearing nice light pieces, colorful pieces that just put a smile on my face. I'm an even bigger fan of spring, simply because it's not too hot, there's always that light breeze of fresh air, that keeps me from being too sweaty.

Well, in summation, this is a typical outfit of the day for me in winter. I'm always in a pair of trousers/pants, I'll have on a long sleeved shirt, jersey or a turtle neck depending on how I'm feeling or how cold it is. I love blazers! They have been my go to "outfit finishers" for this winter. If it's really cold I'll have a trench coat over the blazer and take it off once I'm in doors and the air con has the office warm and toasty.

It's Friday today, and I felt this outfit needed a bit more pizazz, then I remembered a trick I saw on one of my favourite blogs  Frantic Dreams, I decided to take one of my new scarves and knot it much like Fran did here and also here in her knotted details post.  I get SO much inspiration from my fellow bloggers, I just love the blogosphere!








11 comments:

  1. Aww! I love the necklace! I follow her too and wanted to see how u were going to pull it off! I love it!

    www.thickdaddys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. rocking necklace babe! :)

    waituntilthesunset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. diddo on the necklace...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG…loving that necklace…it’s fierce hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW, YOUR STYLE IS SUPER CUTE. LOVE IT!!!

    XOXO
    TETE

    CURVESCUPCAKESANDCLOTHES.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the top & necklace!!
    thnx 4 leaving me a comment :)

    http://imjustmefashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea to jazz up a necklace. I wish I could dress this cute in the winter months...I have to be bundled up in like 3 layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your top! The shoulders and the color are perfect! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Necklace is the Perfect finishing touch!!! You look Awesome Double V!!!

    www.shapelylouise.com

    ReplyDelete