Monday 31 January 2011

DUMELANG


I am so excited to finally be part of the blogging world! I have been starting this blog in my head for months now, every time I was supposed to start writing I would panic and get writer’s block.

The panic comes largely from the pressure I put on myself, I wanted to write about issues that would be relevant,  I did not want to be egotistic and  write about me, me, and more me stuff. I wanted readers to be able to take something from my posts, even if they happened to read my blog once in their lives.

I realized I was putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on myself, I was philosophizing something that should come easily and naturally. Therefore I chose to write about something real and true and everything else would follow from there.

I decided to write about being black, female and voluptuous. This is what is true and real to me, I live this. I'm a voluptuous woman who loves fashion! And as I grow older I am learning how to better appreciate this beautiful frame the Lord has given me, I'm learning how to better dress it and how to keep it healthy.

I know there are a lot of plus size blogs out there, however mine brings to the fore a uniquely South African flair, I will be delving into many issues here, some not related directly to fashion and how I have learnt to dress my body, some will be related to being a woman, white/black living in South Africa and some related to boys! Love them boys :)

I'm still learning so much about blogging and I am really excited about this new journey I am taking.. I am looking forward to imparting the knowledge I have learnt about fashion and the plus sized body. I am hoping readers will be motivated to love and appreciate their frames

 This was a tiny introduction, please be on the look out for my next post for a more in-depth intro into who I am, what I do, why I love doing it and so on …

Signing out: the bountifully blessed Voluptuous Vixen
  VV

No comments:

Post a Comment